20th International Course on
“Principles and Applications of Time-resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy”
Berlin, autumn 2024
Registration opens in spring 2024
The course on “Principles and Applications of Time-resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy” was originally devised by Prof. J.R. Lakowicz from the Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA back in the late 1990s. It has been organized by PicoQuant in Berlin since 2004 and aims at giving you an in-depth introduction into the fascinating world of time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy techniques and even in combination with microscopy.
Our focus is not limited to applications in Life Sciences but also extends to various topics in Materials Science. This course combines a series of lectures presented by renown experts in the field with several practical sessions. During these session, we will demonstrate how even novice users can get really great results through a series of live demonstrations on various systems.
Our course is aimed at students and researchers who are interested in getting deeper insights into various spectroscopy and microscopy techniques, which are based on time-resolved fluorescence. The course is also a great opportunity to directly interact with renowned specialists as well as for networking with your peers.
Why should you attend?
By joining our event, you will:
- Learn the basic principles underlying the techniques of time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy as well as in combination with microscopy
- Get to know new applications which will be helpful in advance your research
- Understand how time-resolved data are acquired and can be analyzed
- Interact directly with experts to discuss your research, daily challenges with samples, and results
- See different systems featuring various accessories for a broad range of different application and samples
- Network and socialize with your fellow scientists and foster collaborations
Which topics are covered?
Attending all lectures and practical sessions will improve your understanding of the following topics:
- Instrumentation and data analysis
- Time-resolved measurements from ps up to ms of liquids and solids
- Anisotropy, TRES, Excitation Emission Map, Upconversion
- TRPL imaging: coupling of a photoluminescence (PL) spectrometer with a microscope
- Imaging methods: FLIM and PLIM
A series oif practical sessions will complement the course's lectures. In these sessions, we will demonstrate a broad range of time-resolved spectroscopy and microscopy experiments on various state-of-the-art instruments and software solutions.
Participants about the course
"All presentations were of a high quality and gave very good basic explanations about fluorescence or new insights on the subject!"
"It is very complete. You explain lots of differents techniques and instruments."
"Great people and moderator."
Information and correspondence
Please note: schedule and content of this event is subject to change without notice.
The European short course on "Principles and Applications of Time-resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy" is an annual event since 2003. For further details about each year's event, please select the year from the list below.
Thank you for registering for the Fluorescence Course!
An email with the supplied information has been sent to the provided address.×