The 13th edition of PicoQuant’s international course on “Time-resolved Microscopy and Correlation Spectroscopy” was held for the first time as a fully online event from March 2-5, 2021. More than 80 researchers and students from 21 countries took a virtual journey to Berlin to learn more about the world of time-resolved microscopy with a focus on life sciences.
As usual, the course combined lectures by experts in the field with practical sessions on systems from the market-leading companies Nikon, Olympus, Zeiss, and PicoQuant. However, the course’s format was re-imagined as an interactive online event, where participants not only just listen to lectures but can directly talk or chat with lecturers as well as with their peers. This interactivity was a key feature of the new format: Many lively discussions with over 500 scientific questions and answers being tackled, exchanges of ideas, and networking taking place during the course, which was greatly enjoyed by all. “I really like the structure of the Microscopy Course, offering a mix of basic lectures, advanced applications, and practical methods. A major highlight was the great interaction with the audience,” said Dr. Michael Ebner, Invited Speaker.
The lecturers of this year’s course were:
- Alessandro Esposito (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom)
- Michael Ebner (Leibniz Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie, Berlin, Germany)
- Jelle Hendrix (Biomedical Research Institute, Hasselt, Belgium)
- Stefanie Weidtkamp-Peters (Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Olaf Schulz (PicoQuant GmbH, Berlin, Germany)
- Samaneh Rezvani (PicoQuant GmbH, Berlin, Germany)
PicoQuant plans to organize the next International Course on “Time-Resolved Microscopy and Correlation Spectroscopy” in spring 2022.