For the 11th time now, PicoQuant invited the top researchers working in the field of Single Molecule Spectroscopy to the annual International Workshop on "Single Molecule Spectroscopy and Ultrasensitive Analysis in the Life Sciences" held in Berlin, September 21-23, 2005.
This year's workshop brought a new record with 121 researchers participating and enjoying 38 talks and 34 posters. Hopefully the same number of participants will reached again next year.
Invited Speakers (in alphabetical order)
- Maxime Dahan (Laboratoire Kastler Brossel, Paris, France)
- Joachim Müller (University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA)
- Gerhard J. Schütz (University of Linz, Austria),
- Benjamin Schuler (University of Zürich, Switzerland)
- Claus A. M. Seidel (University of Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Paul R. Selvin (University of Illinois, Urbana, USA)
- Shimon Weiss (University of California, Los Angeles, USA)
PicoQuant especially wants to encourage young scientists. As in the previous years a special prize of 750 Euro for the "Best Student Talk" was awarded by PicoQuant GmbH. Again this year it proved extremely difficult for the jury to nominate the winner, since there were so many good contributions. In the end the price was split between Barbara K. Müller (LMU München) who gave a talk on "Determination of FRET-Efficiencies using PIE-FCCS" and Boris Zimmermann (Universität Freiburg) who gave a talk on "Movements of the ε-subunit during catalysis in single membrane.bound H+-ATPsynthase revealed by fluorescence resonance energy transfer".
The program is available for download as a pdf document:
The workshop on "Single Molecule Spectroscopy and Ultrasensitive Analysis in the Life Sciences" is an annual event since 1995. For further details about each year's event, please select the year from the list below.